- International Theatre Institute – German Centre
The STUDIO2 of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) - a work and research space for the independent performing arts in Berlin-Kreuzberg - will offer two residencies from 2022 for individual artists or collective groups of up to five artists from the fields of dance, performing arts and performance art (also interdisciplinary) who are at the beginning of their professional career.
The two-week residencies will take place from 17 to 30 July 2022 (Summer Residency) and from 23 October to 5 November 2022 (Autumn Residency) and will enable open artistic research on a self-selected theme.
The proximity of STUDIO2 to the ITI's associated Media Library for Dance and Theatre and the Media Studio offers projects the opportunity to conduct research at the interface of artistic movement practice and the archival preservation of these processes.
The residency includes:
- Free use of the 165sqm studio and adjoining spaces within the two-week residency
- Workspace in the Media Library for Dance and Theatre and professional advice on research approaches (approx. 12,000 videos and additional materials)
- Monitoring of the work process on the social media channels of STUDIO2 and the ITI
- Access to the technical equipment available at STUDIO2
- Documentation of the public work-in-progress presentation in cooperation with the Media Studio of the ITI (and addition of the documentation to the Media Library)
- Organisational and content-related support as agreed and required
Application to the Summer Residency:
- Artistic research concept with a clear question (e.g. reference to the question of artistic documentation processes) on max. 1 Din-A 4 page (approx. 4000 characters)
- Short CV of all applicants
Please send the application for the Summer Residency as a PDF to email@example.com by 28 February 2022 at the latest.