- Tint Journal
We are an online literary journal dedicated to publishing creative work by non-native English writers. We are looking for visual art by artists of any linguistic background to accompany our stories, essays, and poetry.
Submit your artworks until May 31, 2022, to be considered for Tint's Fall '22 issue (#8)!
- Submit hi-resolution files of your visual art (paintings, illustrations, drawings, photographs, ...) to accompany our ESL stories, poems and essays.
- Give each artwork a title. The file should be named [Artist's Last Name]_[Title], e.g. Munch_The Scream.
- We prefer PNG, JPG or JPEG files.
- Submit up to three pieces at a time, but feel free to approach us in the future with new work.
- Tint Journal
You have been fluent in a language other than English before you acquired/learned English? You write your short stories or flash stories in English? If so, submit your non-native English creative writing until May 31, 2022 to be considered for Tint's Fall '22 issue (#8)!
What kind of submissions does Tint accept?
- We accept submissions by writers who write creatively in English as their second, foreign or non-native language (exophonic writers).
- In view of the diverse backgrounds of our contributing writers, any subject matter which does not violate our values of acceptance and inclusivity is welcome. For text examples, see our current issue or visit our archive.
- Please submit only previously unpublished pieces. If you have a previously published piece that fits our mission, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Translations will not be accepted. It should be an original creation in English as your foreign language. However, the work can feature words or passages in the writer’s original language.
- We prefer doc and docx files. In case your submissions requires special formatting, we also accept pdf files.
- Please name your document [Category]_[Last Name]_[Title], e.g. Poetry_Miller_The Rose.
- Provide your submission with a title page, indicating your 1. name, 2. first language/mother tongue(s), 3. second or foreign language(s), 4. nationality, 5. category (short story, creative nonfiction, flash fiction, flash nonfiction, or poetry), 6. title of your piece, 7. contact information (your e-mail address), and 8. day of submission.
- Put page numbers on all pages following the title page.
Does Tint accept simultaneous and multiple submissions?
- If your work is accepted elsewhere, please let us know by using the website’s contact form or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Submit one piece at a time, but feel free to approach us in the future with new work.
How long should my submission be?
- For short story submissions (fiction, nonfiction), please submit one text between 1,000 and 4,000 words.
- For flash submissions (fiction, nonfiction), please submit one text. It should not exceed 800 words.
- For poetry, please submit one poem not exceeding 4 A4 pages in length.